The venue of the event will be updated soon. Tentatively, it will be held in October 2018
Middle East and North Africa Climate Week 2018 is designed to advance regional climate action. The ultimate aim of MENACW 2018 is to support implementation of countries’ Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) under the Paris Agreement and climate action to deliver on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
MENACW2018 will be an umbrella for a series of climate-related events focused on NDC implementation – Challenges and opportunities, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and Global Climate Action.
With MENA Carbon Forum a cornerstone event, focus will be placed on market-based approaches, economic instruments and climate-aligned finance to drive investment in climate action.
LINEUP OF EVENTS TO DATE AT MENACW2018
- MENA Carbon Forum
- High-level sessions with the Champions of the Marrakech Partnership
- High-level ministerial session
- LEDS – Low Emissions Development Strategy – Workshop (TBC)
- Regional Technology Meeting: Industrial Energy Efficiency (TBC)
- MENA Talanoa Dialogue (Hosted by a MENA Government (TBC)
- More information is coming soon