20-23 August 2018
Radisson Victoria Plaza Hotel
Latin American & Carribbean Climate Week 2018 is designed to advance regional climate action. The ultimate aim of LACCW2018, the first of what is planned to be an annual gathering, is to support implementation of countries’ Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) under the Paris Agreement and climate action to deliver on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
LACCW2018 will be an umbrella for a series of climate-related events focused on NDC implementation – Challenges and opportunities, the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and Global Climate Action.
With Latin America Carbon Forum a cornerstone event, focus will be placed on market-based approaches, economic instruments and climate-aligned finance to drive investment in climate action.
If you are planning a climate-related event in Latin America, consider holding it in Montevideo during Climate Week.
Join us at Climate Week!
LINEUP OF EVENTS TO DATE AT LACCW2018
- LAC Carbon Forum
- High-level sessions with the Champions of the Marrakech Partnership
- High-level ministerial session
- LEDS – Low Emissions Development Strategy – Workshop (TBC)
- Regional Technology Meeting: Industrial Energy Efficiency (TBC)
- LAC Talanoa Dialogue (Hosted by the Government of Uruguay (TBC)
- More information is coming soon